Monday, June 2, 2008

Blogger vs. LiveJournal vs. WordPress

LiveJournal and WordPress seem to be more market oriented than Blogger.

Blogger's design feels sort of old fashion compared to LJ and WP, and Blogger offers a limited choice of layouts.

All sites allow their users to have public or private blogs although some comments suggest that privacy can't be guaranteed.

LJ and WP make an effort to categorize their blogging communities and provide additional browsing capabilities through social tagging.

LJ has the most ads which is annoying. WP uses ads sparodically but promises to include an option to turn them off in its future upgrades.

While LJ and WP look more "sassy" Blogger should be more appealing to people who are content oriented.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I haven't looked at LiveJournal, but if it is like WordPress then I would prefer the layout to Blogger. I agree that Blogger, compared to the others, seems more old fashioned. I didn't notice the advertisements on WordPress which I suppose is good because random adds are a bit annoying. Nice comparison!

Jacki Kellum said...

I don't know anything about WordPress yet; but your observations seem to be thorough.